NSBC CORONAVIRUS UPDATE
July 1, 2020
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update
DC Phase 2 began June 22nd
NSBC’s ReOpening plan is currently in a Preparation Phase;
VIRTUAL WORSHIP SERVICES WILL CONTINUE!
Mayor Bowser established DC Order 2020-075 initiating DC Phase 2 which began Monday, June 22nd. “During Phase 2, the public, businesses, and community organizations will be expected to adopt new behaviors and rigorous safeguards to reduce risk for all. Places of worship serve a vital role in promoting the spiritual and mental health of their congregations. During Phase Two, places of worship can operate services and activities with up to 100 people or up to 50% of their capacity, whichever is fewer, with strong safeguards and physical distancing. For additional information visit https://coronavirus.dc.gov/.”
DC Phase 2 General Information for Places of Worship
- Places of worship may operate with expanded capacity limits. In no event shall attendance at any service exceed fifty percent (50%) of the capacity of the facility or space where the service is occurring as set forth in its Certificate of Occupancy, or one hundred (100) persons, whichever is fewer. Groups of persons attending together shall not exceed ten (10) persons. Each group must be seated at least six (6) feet from each other group.
- These limits apply to indoor and outdoor services. They also apply to other gatherings such as funerals, weddings, religious education classes, youth events, support groups and any other programming.
- Places of worship are encouraged to continue providing virtual services as everyone is safer at home. Participation limited to virtual worship services is especially recommended for older adults and people of all ages with chronic medical conditions who are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
Everyday Prevention Measures
Across all phases of reopening, clergy, staff, volunteers, and congregants should be educated and encouraged to practice the following:
- Stay at home if you are sick or were recently exposed to someone with COVID-19
- Stay at least 6 feet from other people when possible.
- Wear a cloth face covering always.
- If you are unable to wear a cloth face covering, consider virtual services or maintain 6 feet of distance between you and others. Masks are not recommended for children under two and those who have trouble breathing with masks.
- Avoid shaking hands and other physical contact with people outside of your household.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of the elbow. Used tissues should be thrown in the trash and hands washed.
- Gloves should be worn only as indicated per routine facility responsibilities.
- Perform frequent hand hygiene (soap & water or alcohol-based hand rub).
- Key times to perform hand hygiene include:
- Before and after using the toilet;
- Before and after putting on, touching, or removing cloth face coverings;
- Before and after handling any shared objects (i.e. books).
NSBC CANCELLATION AND POSTPONMENTS
ALL on-site meetings, events, classes and rehearsals remain cancelled through July 31st unless explicit approval is received. THE EXCEPTION is the Weekly Wednesday Food Giveaway which is extended to Wednesday, July 29th.
Also, SHARE & AGAPE Closet have been cancelled until further notice.
APPROVED GATHERINGS REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS:
- A face covering (mask) must be worn by all;
- Social distancing (6-feet) must be maintained;
- A waiver form must be signed in advance.
You will receive updates as they become available and we ask that you please check your email regularly for important announcements